Care Assist Direct Ltd, trading as seakr (“we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Seakr is a limited company (with Company Number 09983736) registered at 107 The Junction, Slough, SL2 5QF.
Seakr offer an introductory service to find and match suitable care recipients & care seekers to care givers. Seakr also ensure the safety and compliance systems are of high quality for recruiting & selecting care givers. We also provide a payment and collection service to care recipients and care givers along with ongoing community support & training.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Act”), the data controller is Care Assist Direct Ltd, trading as seakr of 107 The Junction, Slough, SL2 5QF. Tel: 01753 373083. The Data Protection Officer is the Quality Operations Director at seakr and can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our office number on 01753 373083.
Our principles and obligations to you
How we collect, use and store your personal data is very important to us. We only collect the personal data we really need, lawfully and will always have a good reason for doing so. We follow the following principles:
- To carry out the contract we have with you
- To fulfil our legal duty to you and others
- To meet our legitimate business interest needs
- If you have given your consent
- If there is a public interest reason
- To be transparent in all we do by being open, honest and transparent
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information but is always balanced against what is right and best for you.
Personal Information we may collect about you
This policy (together with our Terms of Site Use and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you give to us directly:
|What we collect||How we collect it|
|First Contact||Your name, address and contact details, reason for calling & how you heard of seakr||Website Contact Form Telephone Conversation|
|Requesting Matching Service||Gender, personal description, health and care needs, food preferences, language & ethnicity
needs, hobbies & interests
|Telephone conversation or face to face meeting|
|Care Giver Application||Personal description, qualification & experience, photographs, ID, DBS check, references, info on any health requirements, religion,
ethnicity, languages spoken, right to work
|Application form Telephone conversation Face to face interview|
|Service Delivery||Financial data, legal (power of attorney), contractual arrangements between care recipient & care giver, correspondence from either party
to seakr, contract start and end data
Telephone conversation Third Party providers
|Community Networking||Your event preferences, consent to link with other members||Email
Seakr App Facebook/WhatsApp
|Marketing & Research||Your preferences and feedback Testimonials||Email
Telephone conversations Seakr App
Sign up to our newsletter
IMPORTANT: For data privacy reasons, we will only collect information from you directly or via your designated representative who has confirmed that they are authorised to provide this information on your behalf.
Information that we receive from other sources.
This may be information from your authorised representatives, your health professionals such as your care giver, doctor or local social service team for the purpose of providing our services to you.
We may also receive information from other third parties such as previous employers, business partners (such as the Disclosure & Barring Service), technical & analytical providers for our quality compliance measures and client experience of our services.
Information we collect about you.
When you visit our site, we will collect the following information
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our agreed third parties for legitimate business interest and improving your experience of seakr. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual but may identify a company’s IP
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, how you clicked through our site, location data, products you viewed or searched for, response times of our site & errors, cookies and the resources that you
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All payment transactions will be handled by secure external payment handling companies. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers such as United States. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services to our site. Where your personal data is transferred outside the EEA, it will only be transferred to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for EEA data, or to a third party where we have approved transfer mechanisms in place to protect your personal
How long we store your personal data
Your personal information will be kept with seakr for as long as we provide a service to you. Once the service has finished, we hold your personal data for a maximum period of 10 years or as legislation dictates, where it will then be deleted or anonymised/aggregated via our internal managed processes.
How we use your personal information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us to provide you with the information and services that you request from us
- To notify you about third party services that may be of interest to you – this is with your agreed consent
- To create a profile of both the care recipient and care giver in the interest of best matching processes
- If you are a care seeker or care recipient, to match you with potential care givers in accordance with your requirements and new care givers who join seakr once your care has commenced or finished
- If you are a care giver, to match you with potential care seekers or care recipients for the provision of care and new clients who are looking for care givers once you have started delivering care or it has finished
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To notify you about our community events
- To respond to any complaints made as part of our investigation process
- To create anonymised data reports for internal and third party information about usage and
The information we collect about you we will use this information:
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer device
- To help our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- To provide and improve our services as legitimate business interests to perform
- To identify trend analysis to predict future demands and how we can meet those demands in the best way
We may use an automated matching profile system to help identify the best match between care recipient and care giver. This will always involve personal decision making and a manual review.
If you have previously purchased services from us, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information or newsletters about those services that you have requested unless you request explicitly for this to be sent to you via other methods such as the postal system or you opt out of these updates.
Disclosure of your information
We will only share your information with our internal seakr team and business partners at times they need to be updated with only essential and minimal data for their needs. We do not share sensitive healthcare data to any or our business partners, suppliers or sub-contractors without your explicit consent.
If you are a care seeker or care recipient, we may provide your contact details, your healthcare information and your care requirements to a care giver who is registered on our site where they are responding to a job ad or where they have requested your information for the purposes of contacting you regarding care arrangements.
If you are a care giver, we may provide your contact details, your qualifications and your details of your relevant experience to a care seeker or care recipient where they would like to get in touch with you to discuss the provision of care. This may also include personal data such as languages you speak, disabilities which may affect your delivery of care, photo of yourself, hobbies & interests, smoking habits and mobility as part of your profile sharing.
If you are a care giver or care recipient, we may provide your contact details, personal data and your health information to our Community Champions for the purpose of initial assessment, matching both parties and providing ongoing support.
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information (which, for the purposes of this paragraph shall not include your healthcare information or details of your care requirements) to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If seakr or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of site use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of seakr, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, outlining what those purposes are or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right to withdraw consent (opt out) at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
You also have the right to rectify your data where it is inaccurate, or the right to forget, where you can ask seakr to erase all your personal information.
You also have the right to complain about how we process your personal data. You can do this by contacting seakr at firstname.lastname@example.org,without prejudice and we will investigate and respond within a short time frame.
You can exercise your right to launch a claim with the UK’s Information
Commissioners Office at ICO@org.uk.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You are in your right to access information we store about you at any time, by requesting a Subject Access Request. We will ask you what type of information you require to be copied and sent to you, to enable meeting your needs in the best time. Any reasonable access request will be free of charge and copies of your requested data will be provided to you within one month of that request. We hold the right to validate your ID before releasing any information to make sure the request is legitimate. For any Subject Access Requests, please send them to email@example.com